Cauliflower Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Posted on April 11, 2016 by Amanda Crosbie | 0 comments
Perfect for a snack or as a side with soup or a meal.
Carbohydrate content: 8g per serving
- 300g Cauliflower, grated
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- 50g shredded mozzarella
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 80g cheese of your choice
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Preheat oven to 220°C
- Line baking tray with parchment paper and grease well with olive oil.
- Place grated cauliflower in the microwave and cook on high for 8 minutes.
- Allow cauliflower to cool then transfer to a tea towel and squeeze out excess water. It is important to remove as much water as possible or the mixture will be too wet.
- Place cauliflower in mixing bowl and add egg, mozzarella, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Split mixture into 4 and place on parchment paper. Spread into 4 squares.
- Bake in oven until golden, around 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before removing from paper (be careful not to snap)
- Next, heat a pan over medium heat
- Butter top side of each slice.
- Place 2 slices in pan, butter side down. Add cheese and top each with the other cauliflower slice, butter side up.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, flip and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy