Posted on April 01, 2014 by Ruth Buttigieg | 0 comments
A full flavoured omelette that packs a punch.
Carbohydrate content; 9.4g per serving
- 2 eggs
- 25g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50g field mushrooms, chopped
- 100g green pepper, sliced
- 80g tomato
- 1 clove of garlic, if wanted
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 20g cheese, choose something Spanish for the full effect
- ½ chorizo sausage, optional
- Take two eggs and whisk them well. In a large non-stick frying pan add some butter and olive oil.
- In the pan, fry the shallot until golden brown.
- Now add the garlic and the remaining vegetables. Slowly cook until soft.
- Now add the eggs and cook over a medium heat until the bottom of the omelette is cooked.
- Heat grill and place the frying pan under the grill to cook the top.
- Add some cheese and or sausage to the top to provide extra flavour.