Black Pepper Roasted Duck Breast with Grilled Asparagus
Posted on October 21, 2015 by Amanda Crosbie | 0 comments
This is a great quick and easy meal to be enjoyed on a lovely sunny evening.
Carbohydrate content: 7.9g of carbs per serving
- 1 duck breast
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp pepper (Less or more to taste)
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 clove of garlic
- 250g asparagus
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small chilli pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp pine nuts (optional)
- Using a sharp knife, score the skin of the duck breasts in a crisscross pattern (only cut the skin, do not cut through the meat), spacing the cuts 1 inch apart.
- Sprinkle the duck breasts on both sides with 1 tsp of thyme, 1 tsp of pepper, and 1 tsp of salt. Cover and chill.
- Preheat the grill to a medium-high heat.
- Add the asparagus, olive oil, 1 tsp of thyme, garlic and 1/2 a tsp of salt in a bowl and mix. Transfer to a non stick tray.
- Grill the asparagus until it begins to brown. Turnover and grill the opposite side.
- Transfer the asparagus to a bowl. Cover with foil and let it stand while cooking the duck.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add the duck breast, skin side down, to the frying pan.
- Cook until the skin is crisp and golden, about 7 minutes. Turn the duck breasts over and cook to preference, about 8 minutes, longer for medium/well done.
- Remove from the heat and let the duck rest for 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice the duck crosswise and add to your plate.
- Place the asparagus alongside the duck. Drizzle the duck juices and oil from the pan over the asparagus spears.
- Ground the chilli pepper and sprinkle together with the pine nuts on top of the dish before serving (optional)