Posted on December 02, 2015 by Amanda Crosbie | 0 comments
A great tasting sauce that goes very well with steak.
Carbohydrate content: 2.2g per serving
- 100g butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp shallots, chopped
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp tarragon
- Mix the wine and vinegar with the herbs and shallots.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the butter in a pan and add the wine mix. Reduce by half and remove from heat.
- Add egg yolk and return to a low heat. Gradually add the remaining butter.
- To get a non-curdled consistency you must stir on a very low heat adding the butter very slowly.
- Strain and serve with added salt and pepper to taste and add more tarragon if required.