Cheese Star Biscuits
Posted on December 07, 2017 by Leoni Woodward | 0 comments
Cheese biscuits, perfect with soup or guacamole.
Carbohydrate content: 0.45g per biscuit
- 100g almond flour
- 1 medium egg
- 40g unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 250g extra strong cheddar, grated
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix the almond flour with the egg, butter and oregano.
- Add the cheese and combine well to form a dough (you may need to use your hands).
- Split the dough into two rough balls and place between two pieces of parchment separately.
- Flatten slightly with the palm of your hand then use a rolling pin to roll to around 4mm thick.
- Place flat in the fridge or freezer to allow the dough to cool and harden slightly.
- When ready use a cutter to form your biscuits and place on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet before removing and devouring.
- Great to dip into soup or heaping with guacamole!
Top tip. Don’t roll too thinly or the biscuits won’t hold their shape!