Chicken, Ginger & Tumeric Broth
Posted on January 05, 2018 by Leoni Woodward | 0 comments
A light, cleansing broth packed with flavour.
Makes: 4 portions
Carbohydrate (per portion) 2g
- 5 chicken thighs
- 3 celery sticks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 80g fresh ginger
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1500ml water
- Fresh coriander (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over a medium heat.
- When hot add the chicken to seal and brown the skin.
- Roughly chop the celery, and peel and slice the garlic and ginger.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and pour away the oil.
- Place the chicken back in the pot and add the celery, garlic, ginger and water.
- Bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the stock and discard the skin.
- Shred the meat from the bones. Keep the chicken to one side and add the bones back to the stock.
- Cover and cook for a further 60 minutes, covered.
- Place a sieve over another large pot and strain the liquid, discarding the solids.
- Add the salt, turmeric and chicken and bring back to the boil.
- Option - add fresh coriander just before serving.