Dark Chocolate Cake
Posted on July 20, 2017 by Hannah Sutter | 0 comments
A deliciously rich cake perfect for parties.
Carbohydrate : 4.8g per serving
- 9 Eggs (medium)
- 300g Dark Chocolate (minimum 72% cocoa)
- 150g Inulin (get yours here!)
- 70g Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 30ml Double Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 140°C.
- 2. Melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl over hot water (bain-marie) then stir through the double cream.
- 3. Whilst the chocolate is melting separate the egg yolks and egg whites into two bowls.
- 4. Whip the whites to form soft peaks.
- 5. Combine the egg yolks with the inulin very gently (do not mix).
- 6. Add the melted chocolate mixture to the egg yolks then sift in the cocoa powder and add the vanilla and combine together.
- 7. Fold in the egg whites.
- 8. Pour into a large round spring form cake tin (buttered if non-stick or lined if not) and place in the oven for 40 minutes.
- 9. Remove and allow to cool so the cake comes away from the sides of the tin slightly.
- 10. Serve with berries and a dollop of cream!