Kickin' Halloumi Fries
Posted on January 29, 2018 by Leoni Woodward | 0 comments
Fried cheesy chips with a spicy coating.
Makes: 1 portion
- 120g halloumi cheese
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp oil
- Slice the halloumi cheese into 'chips' - approx. 8, and pat dry with paper towel.
- In a bowl combine the almond flour, chilli powder and paprika.
- Press each chip into the dry mix until completely coated.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan until hot.
- Carefully place the halloumi into the hot oil and fry until golden brown on all 4 sides (2-3 minutes).
Great served with a dollop of mayo and salad (and a glass of water!).Carbs: 4g Fat: 42g Protein: 32.5g Fibre: 5g Calories: 539